- 2 good size whole raw organic chickens
- 1 package gizzards or chicken feet (Optional)
- 3 – 4 onions (Cut in half or quarters to fit in pot. I leave the skins on.)
- 8 + large carrots cut in 1/2 to 1/3 (Skin on)
- 6+ large Celery stalks cut in 1/2 or 1/3
- 3-4 (or more) cloves garlic (I keep the paper on them and smash them once with my knife and throw them in the pot.)
- 15 + peppercorns whole
- 1 lg bunch of fresh lemon thyme. (Use your judgement. I just throw it in. I don’t chop.)
- 1 lg bunch of fresh rosemary (same as the thyme)
- 1TBS Himalayan Pink Salt
- 2 TBS apple cider vinegar (leeches the calcium out of the bones and into the broth)
- 2-3 TBS coconut oil
- 2-inch chunk fresh ginger sliced (no need to peel first)
- 3-4 bay leaves
- Fresh Parsley
Watch this video of me making bone broth:
Put it all in the pot and fill with water till it covers it nicely. Turn on high. Bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute then turn the heat down to the lowest possible setting and put the lid on. Here’s what it looks like:
In about an hour – 1 1/2 hours pull out the chicken and take the meat off to use later. Put the bones/skin back in the pot. Put the lid back on and continue to simmer for the remainder of the 24 hours. About an hour before it’s done, stir in a bunch of fresh parsley.
Take off heat and let cool for a while (not too long) and strain through cheesecloth/ strainers. You may need to season with salt to taste.
Store in quart size glass mason jars. Leave about 1-2 inches at the top for expansion. Bone broth is best consumed within 4 days, so put any you won’t eat within 4 days in the freezer.
After your broth has cooled, a film will form on the top. This is NOT fat, DO NOT discard it. It is collagen from the bones and it is an essential nutrient. Add some to the pot when you heat up your broth. It’s delicious and nutritious!
Learn how to restore your health using Biblical principles combined with modern nutritional strategies. Find out what is God’s original plan for health and wellness, how eating the wrong foods is the root cause of most (if not all) sickness, and how to work with God’s ways rather than against them regarding your health. https://www.3jn2wellness.com/get-your-free-e-book-here/